Saturday, January 25, 2014

365 People Pictures: Day 54--We Do Donuts!


When we traveled to New England last summer, I was surprised to find a Dunkin' Donuts on nearly every corner. After all, I love a good sour cream glazed doughnut! On that trip I also came to enjoy Boston Cream donuts, thanks to an introduction by our daughter Lissie's soon-to-be father-in-law.

However, this photo wasn't taken in Massachusetts. In November we drove to Denver to celebrate my mom's 81st birthday. About seven hours into the 11-hour drive we stopped in North Platte, Nebraska. To our surprise we came upon a Dunkin' Donuts there. We boosted their profits on their very first day of business by purchasing a dozen for our mini army, and then the kids were kind enough to pose for a photo.

(My husband and I have the rare blessing of parenting twelve children. Our three oldest children weren't able to travel with us on this trip. The kiddos pictured here are the nine Russians we adopted as older children--ages 3 to almost 16 at adoption--over the past 12 years.)

No comments:

Post a Comment