Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Choosing Thankfulness

It's been a hard day. The pain from the surgery I had six weeks ago has been much stronger for some reason. I haven't slept well the past two nights. I have a headache. The kids...

But wait. Living in the place of only seeing what's hard is so...easy. Complaints roll off my tongue. Murmurings multiply in my mind. I've been meditating on a verse all summer that tells me God insists on something else: "Devote yourselves to prayer keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving" (Colossians 4:2).

God is good and knows, as no one else can, what is good for us. He says we're to demonstrate an attitude of thanksgiving.

So rather than focus on my frustrations, I'm posting some photos that help me remember that my life overflows with blessings. And, I'm going to purpose to do what the rest of the verse states. I'm going to pray. I'm going to cry out in prayer about what's been hard today. I have a Daddy who will listen... I have a Father who cares...

My precious niece, Amanda, is staying with us

Amanda and my kiddos are dear friends

Fresh summer fruit adorned our table

Cassandra (left) has come alongside 10-year-old Amy (in the purple) this week, teaching her how to bake. We're all a bit relieved because Amy has cooked up some unusual concoctions for us in the past few months, most notably "fried lettuce."

Today's chocolate chip cookies met with everyones approval.

Thank you, Lord, for all the mercies in my life. You have showered my days with goodness. You are good and what You do is good. Thank You, Father, for Your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment