Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fitting Adjectives


I don't know about you, but I benefit from being reminded of ways in which I will never be like God. That's just what a reading of Psalm 74 did for me this week. As far as I can remember, no one has ever called me resplendent. And, actually, that's okay. You see, I have a God who is resplendent. He's also majestic and glorious, additional adjectives which I don't anticipate being used to describe me. I'm so grateful for the numberless ways in which God is...well...God. I am weak and forgetful and selfish and... He, on the other hand, is perfect. And, I need His perfect strength and purity and beauty and wisdom and... I could go on and on and on. Isn't our God marvelous? Ahh...another adjective I'll leave to the Creator of the Universe.

(I just realized that I used this same photo a few posts ago--a perfect example of my many imperfections :)! Ahh...praise be for a perfect God!)

No comments:

Post a Comment