Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sing a New Song

When our family was on its way home from a quick trip to Minneapolis, I caught sight of a truly prairie-looking chapel glowing in the last of the day's sunbeams. My family was kind enough to let me rocket out of the car to try to catch the last of the light that bathed the church. We read on a plaque that the building dated back to 1903.


Each time I pick up a camera, I do so desiring to find a way to glorify the Lord. I want my photographs to "sing a new song" of praise to my God. (Psalm 149:1)

Having the opportunity to capture this beautiful chapel at sunset had the feeling of worship to me. I moved around the building taking shots from many different angles overwhelmed by God's majesty as the sunlight slowly slipped away. I felt to blessed so have caught just such a building on just such a beautiful autumn evening. God is good and does good; I praise and thank my King and Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment