Friday, October 18, 2013

365 People Pictures: Capturing the Candid--Brielle



The books I've read on photographing children warn of a season when getting a posed grin from a young child will be nearly impossible. The recommendation during this period? That the photographer try instead to capture the essence of the toddler during real-life, unsuspecting moments.

I had one of those unpredictable opportunities with our 14-month-old granddaughter Brielle just days after her little sister Evelyn Rose was born. I was at a giant (and I do meant GIANT) baby superstore with our daughter, Anna, and her husband, Aaron. While Brielle's parents were working through the difficult decision of which double stroller would best suit their growing family, I had the opportunity to study her through my lens as she surveyed this wonderland of brightly-colored baby paraphernalia. The twinkle in her eye and her content smile were pure Brielle! Thank you, Lord!


I haven't been able to decide whether I like the color or black version better. Any votes from my readers?

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are so cute!! I like the black and white one the best. She's so beautiful!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrs. Beaver! I have been reading your two blog for several months now and so greatly enjoy and have been blessed by reading them! Thank you so much for your candidness and your unashamed writing about your Lord and your relationship with Him.
    May I say that I think the colored picture of Brielle is my favorite? She is such a precious little lady!
    I feel like I know your family. May the Lord continue to use you as wife, mother, and His servant.
    Love in Christ,
    Whitney M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you, Whitney, for such encouraging words! As a reader, we consider you a friend! May the Lord richly bless you!

      Delete