Sunday, July 21, 2013

365 People Pictures: Day 35--Serious Business


A life of more than eight decades is worthy grand celebration with grand finale--in this case a handmade carrot cake topped with countless candles.

This past week we traveled to Denver to celebrate my dad's 81st birthday. Lighting the candles which merely represent that many years of life took the serious concentration of my brother (in the foreground) and my husband. I can only guess that the deep concentration on my dad's face is the result of contemplating what a significant inhale would be necessary to blow out the candles.

One of the things I love about this special moment in time which the Lord allowed me to capture with my camera is my 10-year-old nephew's intense curiosity as he watches the pyromania taking place to mark his grandpa's birthday.

For the celebration of my dad's birthday, all three of my parents' children and 16 of their 17 grandchildren were present. Only their oldest granddaughter, Anna, was missing. She had good reason. Anna is due with her grandparents' second great-grandchild in four weeks.

Thank you, Lord, for my dad's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment