Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Power of Perfect Timing


"Like apples of gold in settings of silver,
Is a word spoken in right circumstances."
Proverbs 25:11

In order for my words to bless and not curse, their timing must be just right.

Sometimes--many times--this means waiting and praying. While waiting, my job is to trust the Lord that He will open the door when the situation is right, and, most importantly, when He has primed the heart of the hearer for what He is leading me to share.

In order for my words to be "like apples of gold in settings of silver," I must be a listener--to the Holy Spirit, rather than simply plowing ahead with my "wisdom." I want that kind of Holy Spirit sensitivity. I want to be patient enough to recognize "right circumstances." I want my words to be objects of beauty that draw the listener closer to Christ, not just blurt out my view.

No comments:

Post a Comment